Our ventures from leading Universities across the North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, have emerged from a rigorous customer discovery journey, meeting customers to test their value propositions and determine whether there is a market for products or services that utilise outcomes from their research.
Our ventures from leading Universities across the north of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, have emerged from a grueling lean customer discover journey to test their value propositions.
Meet the teams
- QUB - Novel diagnostic test for Ovarian Cancer
- Sheffield - High-stability natural colours for food and beverages
- Sheffield - Alcohol based foams for Hygiene and Skincare
- Leeds - Device for the Measurement of Photosynthesis
- Edinburgh - Making Liver Transplants safer
- QUB - Autonomous underwater drones
- QUB - e-Labels
Registration & lunch from 1:00pm
- 2:00pm Welcome & Pitches (each team - 5 mins + Q&A)
- 3:50pm Awards presentations
- 4:00pm Canapés, drinks & networking
Lean Launch Programme
The North by Northwest Lean Launch Programme is a novel 5 week pre-accelerator programme where university researchers will have the opportunity to:
- Validate their research in the market;
- Funding (up to £5k per team) in support of customer discovery activities;
- Investigate the most appropriate technology transfer route to market; and
- Opportunity to secure additional funding upon successful completion of the programme
Graduates of past cohorts have included spinouts Causeway Sensors, Green Lizard Technologies, Phion Therapeutics and Xenobics Ltd, which have gone on to raise investment, secure grant funding, win awards and gain traction in their respective markets.